Judiciary - Take Action
Members of the judiciary have a role to play in protecting human rights, and thus implementing UPR recommendations. To this end, representatives of the judicial system should:
- Implement a human rights-based approach in their activities;
- Call for the reform of laws and policies that do not sufficiently protect human rights, and for the development of national action plans;
- Identify adequate resources and expertise to engage in the international human rights arena;
- Remain updated on the State international human rights obligations;
- Provide redress to victims of human rights violations;
- Review the UPR recommendations addressing the role of the judiciary and follow-up on their implementation.
- Follow-up on recommendations related to access to justice and the independence of the judiciary.
- Participate actively in the National Mechanism for Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting (NMIRF).